Friday, October 23, 2009

Sick no more!!






At least we hope. Our oldest son has had recurrent infections since April of this year. After being told it was "just a virus" the second and third time that the child became ill with the exact same symptoms, I was not satisfied with the diagnosis. I felt that his body was fighting itself, but for what reason I did not know. After several rounds of blood work, we were first told that he may have an Autoimmune issue! Fortunately my son was referred to an ENT for further exam and he discovered that he tonsils were the root of his problems! Thank you Jesus!! We were so relieved to know that it was something that could be treated with minor surgery and not something that needed ongoing treatment.

So, today our brave little boy underwent a Tonsillectomy and did great! The ENT said the procedure went very well and that he should recover just fine. We are very thankful and hope that he is healed of these infections once and for all.

Doesn't he look so cute all dressed in his little surgical pajamas? Especially with both of those front teeth missing! Please forgive the poor quality of the photos. We ended up having to use my husband's cell phone since my media card for my digital camera was corrupted by our computer!!

No comments: